Ladies Fellowship 1953 - 2010
With regret, we have had to disband the Fellowshipafter fifty seven years of memorable and much valued fellowship, friendshipand fun.
However we shall endeavour to meet quarterly at Kingswood to have a cup of tea and share news.
The Ladies' Fellowship first met in 1953 in the same week as Kingswood church was opened. It was originally part of the Women's Fellowship of the Methodist Church and members promised, as Christians, to accept responsibility in the Home, Church and State. In recent years, of course, it was part of Network.
From the start, the emphasis was on building each other up in the Christian faith. With this aim, we had an interesting and varied programme at the meetings. Some speakers told of their personal Christian pilgrimage, while others explained how their faith helped them in their job. Topics such as music and poetry, travel slides and members' stories were popular, as was the annual Summer Outing.
An anniversary Cafe Cameo (Come And Meet Each Other) had a church family atmosphere and gave visitors a warm welcome, while making a significant contribution to the church and outside charities.
At the Golden Jubilee of the Fellowship, the only founder member Susan Hall said: "Although the membership is vastly smaller than years ago, the friendliness and commitment are still strong today."
This is how we shall remember th Fellowship.
This gives just a flavour of what the Fellowship has meant to us. We give thanks for those who kept it going over the years and are very grateful for the support given by Rev. Sandy Osgerby, her predecessors and members of the congregation.
For the last fifteen years we have appreciated the help given by Rev. Bernard J. Ward whom we called the unofficial Chaplain to the meeting. In the words of the hymn, " We praise God for all that is past and trust Him for all that's to come."
Margaret Ward Sylvia Cobb